среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

camp casey whidbey




Hi,

I am an undergraduate taking an introductory microbiology course, and my professor assigned me a project in which I have to isolate a bacteriocin-producing organism. Iapos;ve read from several sources that bacteriocin-producing bacteria are readily found in many food products, but the papers Iapos;ve read arenapos;t very clear on how to extract the bacteria from food.

Some have mentioned making a diluent in which you put the food source (w/v 5 peptone). The dilution is then plated. Anybody think this is the way to go? Or is there a better way?

Other concerns include:

-what media should I use?
-how should I test for the presence of bacteriocin (A brief explanation of how to plate my isolated organism against a model organism would be helpful)
-what foods should I try? (Thinking yogurt now, but may change my mind later...)

Thanks in advance

consumer reports magazine canada, camp casey whidbey, camp casey weather, camp casey washington, camp casey wa.



Комментариев нет: